University of Pittsburgh School of Law
401 DeKalb Street (entrance on Penn Street)
Norristown, PA 19401
Jerry Shoemaker concentrates his practice in domestic relations issues including equitable distribution, alimony, custody and support matters. He has also handled a variety of issues arising out of same-sex relationships. Sensitive to his clients’ needs, Jerry is settlement-oriented but ready to litigate when necessary.
He has been repeatedly recognized as a leader in family law, including most recently being named one of the Greater Philadelphia Region's Ten Leaders in Divorce Law, 45 & Under, by the Ten Leaders Cooperative. In addition, he has earned multiple recognitions by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine as a Rising Star in Family Law.
Jerry is committed to the practice of family law, which is evident by his active participation in the Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA), which chose him as one of 10 members to participate in its prestigious leadership program. In addition, he is a frequent lecturer on family law topics for both the PBA and the Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
He offers free monthly legal clinics at the Women’s Center of Montgomery County, an organization that focuses on freedom from domestic violence and other forms of abuse.
A graduate of University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Jerry received his BA from Duquesne University.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2000, JD, Order of the Barristers
Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1997, BA
Honors and Awards
- Named one of the Greater Philadelphia Region’s Ten Leaders in Divorce Law, 45 & Under, by the Ten Leaders Cooperative (2011)
- Named by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine as a Rising Star as the result of a statewide survey of lawyers, 2008, 2010 - 2014
- Case Note, Robinson-Austin v. Robinson-Austin, Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, Fall 2007
- Case Note, Ramer v. Ramer, Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, Spring 2007
- Case Note, Colonna v. Colonna, Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, Fall 2004
- Case Note, Diament v. Diament, Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, November 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Family Law Section, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Family Law Section, Montgomery County Bar Association
- Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court
- President, 2007 – 2008
- Executive Director, 2005 – 2007
- Nicholas A. Cipriani Family Law Inn of Court
- Executive Committee, 2007-2009