Jack Kenney provides advice on a broad spectrum of corporate and transactional matters including entity formation, venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, debt financings, employment agreements, commercial contracts and general corporate counseling.
His clients include technology companies, emerging growth companies, family owned businesses, private equity and venture capital backed companies, senior executives and entrepreneurs. His transactional experience includes mergers and acquisitions (including stock and asset acquisitions, roll-ups and international acquisitions), private placement of securities, secured credit facilities, joint ventures and general corporate counseling. Jack often represents entrepreneurs and executives in negotiations regarding employment agreements and compensation.
He has extensive experience representing emerging growth companies, venture capital firms and private investors in venture capital transactions and private placements, including structuring the purchase and sale of preferred stock, convertible debt and warrants and recapitalizations.
Jack enjoys working with entrepreneurs and the people in their companies as a trusted advisor and acting, in effect, as their general counsel. He counsels companies on the day-to-day legal issues they face, including with respect to financing, capital raising, employment matters, licensing agreements, distribution agreements, equity compensation, entity formation, capital structure, stockholder agreements, limited liability company agreements, partnership agreements, and other general contractual matters. With respect to mergers and acquisitions, Jack has particular experience with energy-related acquisitions including the acquisition of nuclear power plants, fossil power plants and power generation holding companies. He advised AmerGen Energy Company LLC, a joint venture of Exelon Corporation and British Energy plc, on the acquisition of nuclear power plants, and Exelon Corporation on other energy related acquisitions. In addition he has advised companies on utility infrastructure company roll-ups and on power plant construction company joint ventures.
- Representation of leading medical case management company in over ten acquisitions.
- Representation of leading specialty egg company in complex joint venture.
- Representation of technology, manufacturing, healthcare and life sciences companies in dozens of
venture capital financings involving an aggregate of over $250 million in proceeds.
- Representation of venture capital investors in technology, manufacturing, healthcare and life sciences companies in dozens of venture capital financings involving an aggregate of over $100 million in proceeds.
- Representation of major energy company in the acquisition of fossil, hydro and nuclear power plants.
- Representation of major energy company in the formation of an international joint venture for the acquisition and operation of fossil and hydro power plants.
- Representation of a client executing roll-up acquisitions in various industries including florists, electrical contractors and utility infrastructure service providers.
- Representation of clients in secured and syndicated debt financings.
- Representation of a health insurance company in the formation of a international joint venture.
- Representations of buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions involving purchase prices from seven to ten figures.