Lisa Salazar, a litigator, counsels and advises insurers on coverage matters. She handles a range of cases for insurers and related industry clients, including D&O, E&O and CGL matters, bad faith and consumer protection law issues, and long tail and toxic torts.
Lisa works closely with insurance professionals in the evaluation of coverage issues and the efficient resolution of coverage disputes. This involves the preparation of cases from discovery through trial and appeal, and also the negotiation of settlements and coverage-in-place agreements. Lisa’s background includes experience as a commercial litigator, representing companies in varied industries, including pharmaceuticals, cable television, public relations, energy, and banking, in complex commercial litigation and class action suits in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state courts and federal courts nationwide.
- Part of team successfully representing insurer at trial and through appeal to Pennsylvania Supreme Court affirming that it was Cigna’s burden to prove allocation of its $140 million settlement of doctors’ class action claims for RICO and breach of contract, resulting in no coverage for the settlements. Executive Risk Indem., Inc. v. Cigna Corp., 74 A.3d 179 (Pa, Super. 2013), appeal denied, 625 Pa. 644 (2014)
- Represented CGL insurer in litigation against Goodrich Corporation for historical soil and groundwater contamination at rocket facility and in coverage action for asbestos personal injuries.
- Defended CGL insurers in coverage litigation arising from General Motors Corporation’s legacy asbestos and environmental liabilities.
- Represented E&O insurer in litigation seeking coverage for class action settlements for return of unpaid investment gains on retirement accounts.
- Represented D&O insurers in coverage lawsuits arising from liabilities of a pediatric dental chain’s patient mistreatment and a private prison health care provider’s malpractice on inmates.