Michael Carlson has extensive experience in resolving—through litigation or alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, including international arbitration—sophisticated insurance and reinsurance disputes, including those involving healthcare liability, professional liability, toxic tort, and product liability issues.
He also has experience in handling appeals on important insurance coverage issues before state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Hangley Aronchick, Michael was an associate at DLA Piper, LLP.
He is a 2002 graduate, cum laude, of Temple University School of Law, where he was a member of the Temple Law Review. Upon completing law school, Michael served as a law clerk for Justice Ronald Castille of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Before entering law school, he taught high school social studies for one year and then served for four years as a legislative aide to a United States senator.
- Specialty Surfaces International, Inc. v. Continental Casualty Co., 609 F.3d 223 (3d Cir. 2010)
- Ettinger & Associates, LLC. V. The Hartford, 22 F. Supp.3d 447 (E.D. Pa. 2014)
- Zeff v. Darwin Select Insurance Co., 2:13-CV-07255 (E..D. Pa. June 3, 2014)
- Fishman v. The Hartford, 980 F.Supp.2d 672 (E.D. Pa. 2013)
- Car Sense, Inc. v. Signet Financial Group, Inc., 2:12-CV-02512 (E.D. Pa. Sep. 11, 2013)
- MP III Holdings, Inc. v. The Hartford Casualty Insurance Co., 2011 WL 2604736 (E.D. Pa. June 30, 2011)