Robert “Bo” Ebby is a trial attorney who has represented clients in federal and state court actions, as well as in private arbitrations and mediations, for more than 20 years.
Bo’s practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation; he has developed considerable skill in counseling clients and litigating contract, insurance, real estate, environmental, intellectual property, class action, and antitrust disputes. National counsel frequently engage Bo as co-counsel in cases pending in Pennsylvania federal and state courts. Clients praise Bo for his depth of knowledge and tenacious, pragmatic approach to effectively and efficiently solving their issues. Recent significant cases include UnitedHealth Grp. Inc. v. Columbia Cas. Co., No. 05-1289 (D. Minn.), a $250 million coverage dispute in which several defendants settled before the trial court granted summary judgment in favor of Bo’s clients, and Leese v. Lockheed Martin Corp., No. 11-5091 (D.N.J.), a toxic tort case in which the trial court also granted summary judgment in favor of Bo’s client.
Consistent with the firm’s commitment to the community, Bo serves as a volunteer attorney with the Support Center of Child Advocates, representing at-risk minors in Philadelphia County. Bo also was one of the first attorneys to join the Philadelphia Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Diversion Program, where he represents low income home owners who face potential foreclosure.
Bo graduated from Villanova Law School, magna cum laude, where he served as a Managing Editor of Outside Articles for the Villanova Law Review and was elected to the Order of the Coif. Upon graduation from law school, Bo served as a law clerk to the Honorable Anita B. Brody of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and he then joined the litigation department of an international law firm. Prior to entering law school, Bo taught history and coached wrestling and lacrosse at Germantown Academy in Ft. Washington, Pa. Bo received his BA in History, magna cum laude, from Amherst College.
- United Health Group v. Columbia Casualty Co., et al., No. 05-1289 (D. Minn.) (summary judgment granted in $250 million coverage dispute)
- Leese v. Lockheed Martin Corp., No. 11-5091 (D.N.J.) (summary judgment granted in toxic tort case)
- Tornetta v. Levin, No. 1998-14580 (Mont. Cty. C.P.) (summary judgment granted in $7 million contract action)
- General Electric v. 724 R202 Assocs. & Home Depot U.S.A., Inc., C-012002-11 (N.J. C. Ct.) (preliminary and permanent injunction granted in land access dispute)
- Save Ardmore Coalition v. Commonwealth, 390 M.D. 2015 (Pa. Commw. Ct.) (petition against township and several other government entities regarding redevelopment project dismissed on preliminary objection)