David M. Scolnic helps clients realize their goals in acquiring, developing, constructing, financing, investing, leasing, and managing large and small real estate projects and portfolios locally, nationally and internationally.
In addition to representing traditional real estate clients – such as developers, investors, lenders, and brokers – David represents companies that do not consider themselves to be in the real estate business but nonetheless have substantial ongoing real estate needs. Whether representing a budding business in leasing its first office or one of the nation’s foremost providers of rehabilitation services in creating a new hospital in Los Angeles, David meets the real estate needs of his clients.
With a master’s degree in City Planning, David has extensive experience handling projects using a myriad of public grants, loans and other participation – whether financial or otherwise – from various levels of government, including local, state and federal. David has helped clients bring to fruition both urban and “inner-ring” suburban redevelopment.
- For nearly 15 years, David has represented the Township of Lower Merion, Pa., in its quest to create a state-of-the-art, mixed use “transit oriented development” in Ardmore, Pa.
- David represents Select Medical Corporation, a leading provider of rehabilitation health care services and long term acute care, in the construction, acquisition, sale and leasing of rehabilitation hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, and other health care facilities in over 20 states, from Florida to California.
- David represents United States Cold Storage, Inc., one of the nation’s largest refrigerated warehousing companies, in development of its facilities across the country, including one at the old Bethlehem Steel site, reputed to be the nation’s largest brownfields redevelopment project. The facility has grown to over 450,000 square feet of refrigeration and freezer space.
- For over 25 years, David has represented Oliver Tyrone Pulver Corporation and affiliates in redevelopment and leasing of approximately 1,500,000 square feet of office and hotel space in the Tower Bridge development project in the boroughs Conshohocken and West Conshohocken, Pa. Once an old steel-producing area, the area is now thriving with new businesses and residents.
- David has represented Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget SCA, one of the world’s largest producers of absorbent hygiene products, packaging solutions, and publication papers, in a variety of leasing matters, including the leasing of a North American headquarters in Philadelphia.
- David is proud to represent, on a pro bono basis, East Park Leadership And Conservation Center, a unique joint venture between National Audubon Society and Philadelphia Outward Bound in their creation of a new “Discovery Center” on over 50 acres of park land in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which will provide conservation of habitats for birds and also outdoor and leadership opportunities for urban youth.