Tom Brown, an incisive strategic thinker and skillful oral and written advocate, represents insurers, tech companies, transportation companies, and individual professionals across a wide range of commercial litigation matters.
T om draws upon his previous experience in business consulting and government to help clients solve some of their most complex legal challenges. His work spans the full spectrum of a dispute, from early stage case assessment and planning through post-trial and appellate briefing.
Prior joining the firm, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Anthony J. Scirica of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Before entering law school, Tom was Special Assistant to the Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, where he provided high-level policy, operational and strategic advice, and worked as a business consultant for Fortune 500 clients at McKinsey & Company.
- Prevailed on summary judgment on behalf of firm client Liberty Mutual Insurance Company in cutting-edge insurance coverage dispute, generating what Law360 called “a much-needed boost to insurers in the ongoing battle” over interpretation of “bump-up” provisions in directors-and-officers policies.
- Secured unanimous victory before Superior Court of Pennsylvania on behalf of appellee transportation company in contentious personal injury dispute, rejecting appellant’s arguments about adequacy of jury verdict and evidentiary rulings.
- Successful defense of a complex insurance coverage action brought against firm client Twin City Fire Insurance Company, prevailing before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit in a unanimous, precedential opinion.
- Litigated and successfully resolved contract dispute with radiology group practice on behalf of outpatient radiology center and minority shareholder doctor.
- Obtained substantial recovery of disability benefits for homeless veteran in pro bono appeal of Department of Veterans Affairs determination regarding service connection.